Saturday, May 2, 2009

Here goes...

Just when you think there couldn't be another sign from the universe to confirm your decision, bam. You're hit again. This time, in Descend Salon on Union Street, waiting for the hairdresser who changed your life to do a little trim. Like good doctors or good food, sometimes you just have to wait a couple minutes longer. As I sat there trying to wrap up some notes from work, I was increasingly distracted by the magazine in my direct line of vision. Did I really need a lecture from Modern Bride on how to be original? Or how to tell my friends they're NOT invited? I startled the guy next to me with my audible chortle and grabbed at whatever publication was hidden underneath to reshuffle the stack.

And wouldn't you know... On a coffee table littered with 98% fashion and bridal advice, my blind shuffle deals me an Outside magazine with slightly more appropriate headlines. That's right people. The universe has spoken.

2 comments:

  1. The universe doesn't beat around the bush, does she? Definitely feeling like she prefers the "smack-you-upside-the-head" approach.

    Love it. This thing is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you, Karen? We miss you!

    Paul Hardy

    ReplyDelete