"What?! I'm leaving??"
and then,
"Oh right. I made this decision..."
It's been a whirl wind since that email went out and as I continue to have the "departure conversation" and explain my plans, the initial surprise subsides a little, followed by the inevitable question: "Where are you going?"
That question is both easy and complex. The easy answer is, I don't know. In fact, at this point, I actually don't want to know -- which gets me to the more complicated side of the answer. So much about my decision to go on this adventure stemmed from my desire to change things up. To simplify. To eliminate some of the external and internal noise so I could hear myself think a little better. Where exactly this happens is just part of the process.
Besides, there are so many cool places in this world, how are you supposed to pick when you could go to any of them? It's kinda like when people ask me which Nature Conservancy preserve I like best. Really? After 10 years of nature tromping you want me to pick an ecosystem? Here. I'll let you try. Where would YOU rather be?
How about in the Great Bear Rainforest in British Columbia, the largest intact temperate rainforest left on the planet?
Or the standing on the edge of the Ceraddo in Brazil, knowing that all waterways point to the Amazon rainforest?

Or contemplating the mysterious crystal clear springs that pop out of the middle of the desert in Cuatro Cienegas, Mexico?
The point is, the world is a pretty amazing place and I feel so lucky to be a part of it, wherever that may be. And I'm looking forward to keeping you posted. Wherever that is.

No comments:
Post a Comment